Dr. Varney earned her B.S. in Biochemistry at Stetson University in 2005 and graduated from the University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine in 2010. She completed a one-year internship at Ocala Equine Hospital and then worked at an equine practice in central Florida before returning to Ocala Equine Hospital as an associate in 2012. Her professional interests are sports medicine and lameness with a focus on regenerative medicine therapies.
A rider since childhood, currently Dr. Varney also competes at the FEI level in dressage. She has received her
USDF Bronze, Silver and Gold medals and is currently competing Grand Prix.
Dr. Varney is an FEI Veterinary Delegate and Treating Veterinarian, adding international competition
experience to her practice of sports medicine. Dr. Varney has served FEI competitions across the country
including the Global Dressage Festival.
When Dr. Varney is not working or in the arena with her own horses, she enjoys traveling, amateur astronomy
and spending time with her husband Matt and her son.
Memberships & Affiliations
• American Association of Equine Practitioners (AAEP)
• American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
• Florida Veterinary Medical Association (FVMA)
• Florida Association of Equine Practitioners (FAEP)
• The International Society of Equine Locomotor Pathology
• United States Dressage Federation
• United States Equestrian Federation